Monday, July 07, 2008

11 Year-Old Girl Defends Her Nude Photo

She is emphatic:
"I'm really, really offended by what Kevin Rudd had to say about this picture," Olympia said outside her Melbourne home today, where she was accompanied by her father, The Age art critic Robert Nelson.

"I love the photo so much. It is one of my favourites, if not my favourite photo, my mum has ever taken of me and she has taken so many photos of me.

"I think that the picture my mum took of me had nothing to do with being abused and I think nudity can be a part of art."
Another story can be found here, with video.

Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "The Little Prince", 1943

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: