Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Horrible Horribles



In Oregon they wouldn't allow Jen Moss' bare breasts to be part of the 4th of July Parade, but in Beverly Farms, Massachusetts, organizers allowed a crude-by-any-standards float in the annual Horribles Parade which poked "fun" at the unfortunate Gloucester High School pregnancy crisis. I watched this video and simply could not believe that it was a real event. I believe in freedom of expression, but this misogynist display is an affront to humanity.

Hat tip to Salon.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. My mouth is literally hanging open! And i thought *nothing* could shock me! There were a FEW floats that TOTALLY disrespected women, calling them sluts... with horrendous visual effects to boot!

I guess what shocks me is that this is from people who think natural bare breasts are bad & not allowed in a parade. Yet they allowed this?? Under the guise of "it's a joke"?

Geez! (Man, my mouth is STILL hanging open!)

Amber (from Vancouver, BC, Canada)